Lentil & Walnut PatePrint Recipe
- 1 cup lentils (I used red)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt and cayenne pepper
- Lemon juice and zest
- Boil lentils for 20mins to cook them through, during this time also toast the walnuts to brown them off
- Once the lentils have cooled slightly – add all ingredients to blender and blend on pulse for 2-3 mins to make it a paste
- Refrigerate and use on crackers, rye bread – any way you like them!
Lentils are a wonderful source of iron, they are considered one of the super foods in the world today. I like to cook as much as I can with them and try and find new ways of adding them into my diet. That said, there’s not a whole lot you can do with lentils (other than soup), so this recipe is a welcome one in our home & provides a great snack alternative and breakfast addition.