Gym Junkie Protein Plate BrunchPrint Recipe
- 2 cups of shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 organic chicken breast/salmon fillet/prawns/tofu
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of organic chickpeas
- 1/2 a pink grapefruit/orange - segmented
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Olive oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic/apple cider vinegar
- Optional: boiled eggs, sweet potato, asparagus, cauliflower, lentils, mushrooms, beetroot...you get the picture!
- Roast the meat (if using) for 25-35mins at 180c on the middle shelf of the oven – season meat with pepper, salt and dried basil (if using tofu, drain and dry out, before lightly frying)
- Add on the top shelf of the oven the chickpeas – covered in olive oil, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Whilst the chickpeas and meat are cooking, boil the quinoa in water on a low heat for 15mins (equal water to quinoa ratio) and set aside – if you are using eggs, also boil eggs for 6mins
- Lightly fry cabbage in balsamic and olive oil for 5-8mins until soft
- Slice avocado and grapefruit and place on serving plate
- Add the sliced boiled egg, quinoa, chickpeas and meat
- Top with a sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and sprig of fresh basil!
- Protein overdose!
First of all, this is ridiculous! Second of all, there's an endless range of options with this recipe; it can be vegan or veggie very easily and is packed with super foods and legumes. Plant-based protein is the root (mind the pun) of all health, it is rocket fuel x 100! Experiment to suit your bodies needs, adding new flavours and adjusting quantities to give you optimal energy!