Chocolate Mousse With Salted Almond BrittlePrint Recipe
- ------------Mouse ingredients--------------
- 1 can of coconut milk (the cream from the top is what you’re using)
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder (or pod) – I used a vanilla protein powder because, well, it’s all I had!
- 2 tbsp of pure honey (if you’re vegan switch to maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp of pure cocoa powder
- -------------Brittle ingredients---------------
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey/maple
- Sprinkle of sea salt/rock salt
- Blend everything for the mouse together using en electric whisk (or a hand whisk if you don’t have one) place into the glasses/holders and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Mix everything for the brittle together (except the salt) in a glass and lay out some non-stick baking paper – using the back of a small spoon place a dollop of the nut brittle mixture on the parchment paper and pull down (it will thin at it extends)
- Sprinkle sea/rock salt over the top of the brittle and place in the freezer for 30mins to harden
- Serve both together with any topping you choose – the brittle will melt fairly quickly but just mix it in – the more the merrier!
Salted caramel is probably the best thing ever, but paired with chocolate mousse?! Look out! This is a super healthy and far easier version, no refined sugar, gluten free & can be made vegan by simply switching the honey for some pure maple syrup! Another delicious dessert-testament to the almighty coconut…may we forever be your humble servants!