Spinach, Bean & Feta Bake On Toasted Sesame Seed BagelsPrint Recipe
- 2 sesame seed bagels - sliced in half
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 2/3 cup of beans - (I used Black Eyed Beans) Chickpeas or Butter Beans would work just as well!
- 1/2 medium white onion - diced
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of crumbled feta
- Optional: Grated sweet potato, kale, tofu, tomatoes, broccoli etc
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in olive oil & a pinch sea salt for 3-4mins, until onion appears translucent
- Add the drained/rinsed beans for a further 5mins
- Next add the spinach in handfuls, allowing each time for the spinach to wilt before adding more, with each handful of spinach also add 1 tbsp of water
- Start to preheat the oven on 180c and prepare a tray with parchment paper, add the bagel halves to toast for 10mins or until they begin to brown
- Once all the spinach has wilted, create 4 equally spaced holes in the mixture and crack a egg into each
- Allow the egg to cook almost all the way through before sliding it (use a spatula to assist) out of the frying pan and onto the prepared tray
- Remove the bagels from the oven to a plate, then transfer the mixture to the oven on the top shelf for a further 5-10mins (depending on how well you like your eggs done)
- Once it has finished baking, slice the mixture into 4 even parts (ideally 1 egg in each) and serve on top of your toasted bagels! Crumble some feta on top and cracked black better before serving!
Best brekkie ever! This is what it's all about; mixing it up and experimenting with new ingredients, and combinations of health benefits, to give you maximum energy for the day!