Brie, Apple & Red Onion MeltsPrint Recipe
- Brie (1 triangle)
- 1 apple
- Pure maple syrup
- Dash chilli flakes
- 1/2 red onion
- Bread slices (any kind - I just used wholemeal bread)
- 1 tsp softened butter
- Put a frying pan on medium heat, thinly butter the 2 slices of bread on 1 side
- Buttered side down lay the bread in the frying pan and add the layers of brie, apple and sprinkling of red onion
- top with maple syrup and chilli flakes and the bread with the buttered side facing up towards you (ready to be flipped)
- After a few minutes flip the sandwich (this can be tricky) get some help or use your hands to keep the edges intact – once flipped place a plate on top of the sandwich to compress it while the other side fry’s
- It’s ready to serve and should all stay together easily as the cheese has melted and the sandwich is more of a melt then a loose mess! YUM!
Brie is so good - especially with...well ANYTHING else! What I love most about this recipe is you can add a multitude of substitutes and make it as seasonal as your childish heart desires! I imagine the next one will have cranberry, brie and turkey inside...but peach or mango would also make love accomplices to this tangy snack!